Image

On Finishing a Good Book…

4 Apr

564843_575819389111091_89798846_n

About these ads

15 Responses to “On Finishing a Good Book…”

1. Bella April 4, 2013 at 10:29 am #

I know the feeling well, sister! Thanks for the smile! :)

2. Julia Weston April 4, 2013 at 10:32 am #

I’ve seen this before, but it cracks me up every time lol!

3. Beth Hoffman April 10, 2013 at 6:24 pm #

This is spot on!!!!

4. Nina Badzin April 24, 2013 at 10:20 am #

SPOT ON! I also get a little sad when I finish a great book and have to endure the often less great first 10-30 pages of the next one. It often ends up to be ANOTHER great book but I’m always suspicious to start.

5. Nancy April 27, 2013 at 10:17 pm #

I read The Long Winter (Laura Ingalls Wilder) to my kids one spring. I always surfaced surprised that the sun was shining, there were flowers and not a blizzard cloud in sight.

6. BermudaOnion April 30, 2013 at 12:59 pm #

I love it!!

7. girlparker May 9, 2013 at 2:02 pm #

So glad everyone got a kick out of this. When I first saw it, I had a good belly laugh. Just last night, I fixed my husband with THE EYE when he had the audacity to interrupt me just a group of Lithuanian prisons were piecing their shelter together from rocks and moss in the Artic Circle as the first snow started to fall… (“Between Shades of Gray” by Ruta Sepetys). He wanted to talk about BBQ plans. WHAT?!

8. Melissa Crytzer Fry May 17, 2013 at 4:19 pm #

This may be THE best cartoon ever, Lori! SO… do tell. Did you end up loving the book at the end as much as you did while your husband had the audacity to ask about bbq? ;-)

9. Anita June 16, 2013 at 10:50 pm #

Hi, you won my giveaway of Looking for Me audiobook!! I need your email and address to mail to you:). Congrats!!

10. Lisa Ann June 17, 2013 at 8:28 am #

Hello, my friend! Looks like you have been absent from the blogging world as well lately. Just thinking of you and hoping you are having a wonderful day!

11. My Inner Chick June 23, 2013 at 12:57 pm #

omgosh,
    I so get it! x

12. Bella July 25, 2013 at 4:49 am #

Lori, how I miss your posts, chica! I dropped by Anna’s blog and left comments there. Sending hugs your way, my friend! :)

13. BermudaOnion October 8, 2013 at 1:10 pm #

I can relate to that!

14. ladyhoodjourney October 13, 2013 at 5:13 pm #

Oh yeah! I totally know the feeling :)